Thursday 16 August 2018

Teachers on strike

Teachers walked off the job yesterday to ask for a pay rise and better resources. They marched all over the country with signs such as:
This wouldn't happen at Hogwarts
Can you read? You're welcome
Don't make me use my teacher's voice

The local strike started at the town square went down to Damian O'connor's office and back.
Teachers want more support, better conditions, more staff and better resources.

Teachers are thinking about a second 2-day strike. I think it is a good idea because some teachers are tasked to control 40 students a day. Teachers also have to pay for resources out of their own pocket.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack, it was great to see you at the strike.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,
Jack B