Friday 29 July 2016

Monday Morning

WALT: Write a piece showing us about you Monday Morning.
On Monday morning Mum wakes me up “Just a few more minutes” I say to Mum pulling the blankets back over my head. About a minute later I hear Mum telling my brother to get up. I decide to get up knowing my brother will probably start yelling soon. But still so much for a sleep-in I think to myself.


I slowly crawl out of bed and stumble down the hallway to have breakfast. I grab a bowl and pour myself a bowl of cornies. I’m about halfway through my breakfast when Mum comes out and continues making the lunch boxes. I finish my breakfast and walk back to my room, on the way my brother punches me. “Hey what was that for?” I ask as I spin around and kick him. My brother turns, lets loose a guttural roar, lowers his head and charges like a rampaging BOAR! EEK! I sprint past him like a gazelle which is being pursued by a hungry lion, and back out to the lounge but he is still hot on my heels. I try everything to get away from him but nothing works, finally I know the only thing to do is just to grab a pillow and club him over the head with it. My brother keeps coming and dives at me pushing me onto the couch./


He’s on top of me punching and kicking. “Boys, stop fighting” Mum yells and I breath a sigh of relief. Once I am dressed I grab my chromebook, check that it’s charged (it is) grab my backpack and put them in the car. My brother and I jump in and do up our seat belts. Mum gets into the car and the engine starts.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Jack. I especially like the humour in the second paragraph. Next time for BTB try to group your paragraphs together with the same idea in each paragraph. I don't think that third paragraph is really a new idea. Super piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack
    I really like your use of punctuation. I wrote a story similar to this last year, it was also about getting out of bed in the morning.
    Great work Jack.
    From Tipene

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,
Jack B