Wednesday 10 January 2018

The more the merrier? Summer Learning Journey

In the 1800s families were pretty big, in fact they had an average of seven to nine children!
Activity: Pretend you were part of a family of nine children.

I would not like to have nine siblings because it would get crowded and you would never be able to do something alone as you would always have people wanting to do something with you. Although I wouldn't like to have nine siblings there are some upsides such as you would always have someone to play with so you'd never be alone.

Comment down below telling me what your opinion is.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack!

    Mmmmm I think this is a tricky question... I am not sure whether I would or wouldn't like it!
    I think that you bring up some good points though, it would be really hard to have alone time. I think there would also be a lot of fights over the bathroom!
    How many siblings do you have?

    I grew up living next door to my cousins so most of the time all 7 of us were together causing mischief which was fun but we were spread out over two houses so it was kind of the best of both worlds.
    Would you rather have cousins next door than a big family?

    Great job with the task Jack, you are really thoughtful with your answer which is awesome!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack

    My name is Allie and I am the cluster manager for our area Toki Pounamu. I was the one who came and saw you at your school.
    Like Ellee I am not sure about this one. I only have one sister so things in my house were pretty quiet growing up. And now I only have two children so things weren't too crazy. My husband however is one of 9 children so he has 8 brothers and sisters. We recently had Christmas tea with his family and we have 41 people sitting down for the meal!! Crazy!
    So I think I would like the smaller option. Because there is too much work to do at meal times with lots of people and the waiting for the bathroom would be ridiculous too.

    Well done Jack, keep blogging

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,
Jack B