Wednesday 31 August 2016

Bear Lake


 Hi, yesterday we went to Bear Lake, on the way we were stopped by about fifteen elk in the town of Estes Park! When the elk had moved on we continued up the road only to stop again about five minutes later. This time, there was elk on the side of the road instead of on it. This group of elk was a lot bigger, about ninety elk and one of them charged at us! When we got to Bear Lake and started the walk there were Chipmunks everywhere. The walk circles Bear Lake which is at an elevation of 9474 feet. When we finished the walk we drove back to Boulder. On the way back home we didn't see any elk though we did see two wild turkeys. Here are some photos of the day.











5 comments:

  1. Jack a great recount of your day. I looked at the elk and wondered what the difference is between an elk and a moose? The chipmunks look very cute. They look as though they might be about the size of a large cat. Am I correct?
    I will have a lot of questions for you all when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome stuff jack. and i think they might possibly be squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jack it looks like you are having lots of fun. Chipmunks are soooo cute! I'll have to catch up with you when you get back to hear the full story.
    From your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jack its Franklin. That looks like so much fun. I really like the look of those chipmunks because they look so fluffy. I have got a lot of questions to ask you. Do you know why the lake is called Bear lake? Is an elk a type of moose? Was it scary being that close to an elk? That reminds me of walking next to Bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jack, the chipmunks look so cute and also was it scary being by the elk because they look massive!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,
Jack B