Friday 3 August 2018

Chess

Yesterday I went to a chess tournament, it was heaps of fun and I won three games and got four points. My friend Griffin from St Pats got first and a kid from our school got second. Our school won the junior, rookie and intermediate sections. As a prize our school has qualified to go to the national championships in Auckland. Sadly I didn't get picked to go but I did get two badges, one for winning in four moves and one for winning in twelve seconds.

I also participated in a competition to see who could build the tallest tower. I started off by myself and stacked the pieces up to sixty centimetres but then Toby, the kid who got third, came along and we made one sixty-four centimetres tall! I let Toby have the badge because he's a better player than me.

In my second game, I was really nervous because my opponent had a rating of five hundred and my rating was negative two hundred. Luckily I won but it was quite stressful. It was an awesome tournament and I'd love to take part again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,
Jack B